Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report outlines the reduced floorspace that the Council needs for its office operation going forward post pandemic. The report seeks a mandate to undertake procurement to appoint a partner to deliver co-working/office space in the Town Hall, alongside the Council requirement for a smaller office floorspace and deliver an income stream to the Council.
1. That a soft marketing and procurement exercise in respect of the Town Hall to secure a partner to deliver co-working space be approved.
2. That the Head of Economic Development and Property in consultation with the S151 Officer and Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance be delegated to finalise the brief to undertake soft marketing and secure a partner to deliver co-working space be approved.
3. That the Head of Economic Development and Property in consultation with the S151 Officer and Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance be delegated to engage with existing Town Hall tenants and other occupiers to negotiate and agree terms to vary and where required to surrender leases/licences to facilitate the development of co-working space be approved.
4. That the Head of Mid Kent Legal Services be delegated authority to negotiate and complete all necessary deeds, leases, agreements and other legal documentation and formalities required to deliver the release and management of the Town Hall for co-working space be approved.
5. That the S151 Officer in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance be delegated the power to authorise a capital budget and allocation of appropriate resources to meet requirements in opening up the Town Hall to third party use be approved.
6. That through appropriate carbon reduction and energy efficient measures the proposal ensures it contributes to the Council’s Corporate Carbon Descent Plan and Action Plan 2021-22.
REASON FOR DECISION:
To develop and deliver a sustainable and cost effective use of the Town Hall.
Report author: Katie Exon
Publication date: 29/07/2021
Date of decision: 29/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 29/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/08/2021