Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek Cabinet approval to progress the Brenchley and Matfield Neighbourhood Development Plan to referendum, to ensure the community had the final say on whether the neighbourhood plan comes into force or not. The referendum area is that of the Neighbourhood Area i.e. Brenchley and Matfield Parish.
1. That the independent examiner’s Report on the Brenchley & Matfield Neighbourhood Development Plan (BMNDP) received on 20 June 2022 at Appendix A be noted and published.
2. That the BMNDP be modified in part as set out in Appendix B, according to the examiner’s recommendations, following discussion with Brenchley & Matfield Parish Council be approved.
3. That the Decision Statement at Appendix C and the decision to progress the BMNDP as set out at Appendix D to referendum be approved.
4. That in the event the referendum result on the BMNDP is positive with more than 50% of the vote, the Council formally makes the BMNDP as set out in Appendix D so that it has effect as part of the statutory Development Plan for the Neighbourhood Area be approved.
5. That a referendum will take place on 10 November 2022 be noted.
REASON FOR DECISION: Approved Neighbourhood Plans become part of the development plan for the Borough and are a key document in the determination of planning applications that allow the local community to take responsibility for land use planning in their area.
Report author: Freya Jackson
Publication date: 23/09/2022
Date of decision: 22/09/2022
Decided at meeting: 22/09/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/10/2022