Venue: Wells - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Chairman's Introduction PDF 89 KB
Announcement on procedural matters.
The Chairman opened the meeting, introduced members of the Sub Committee panel and the officers in attendance.
The Chairman then outlined the procedures for the hearing.
Declarations of Interest: PDF 65 KB
To receive any declarations of interest by members in items on the agenda. For any advice on declarations of interest, please contact the Monitoring Officer.
No declarations of interest were made by members at the meeting.
Review of Current Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Drivers Licence
Senior Licensing Officer, Sharon Degiorgio outlined the content of the report as set out in the agenda. This also included the Exempt Appendices which the Panel had the opportunity to read in full.
· The Sub-Committee asked Licensing Officer questions relevant to the case.
· The applicant was given the opportunity to make a statement and responded to the questions raised.
· The witnesses were given the opportunity to make a statement and responded to the questions raised.
· The Members of the Licensing Sub-Committee retired to discuss the application accompanied by the Council’s legal representative and the administrator for the meeting.
· The hearing was reconvened and the Chairman read out the Sub-Committee’s decision.
RESOLVED – That the four penalty points imposed on the applicants licence were removed.