The Cabinet is collectively responsible for all executive functions within the budget and framework adopted by the Council. The remit of the Cabinet is extensive and includes most matters which are not reserved to Full Council or expressly delegated to other bodies (for example: Planning Committee; Licensing Committee; and other committees concerning constitutional and auditory matters).
In addition, the Leader and members of the Cabinet have specific responsibilities on a day-to-day basis, details of which are set out on their pages:
· Cabinet Member for Rural Communities (Deputy Leader)
· Cabinet Member for Tunbridge Wells Town and Local Areas
· Cabinet Member for Environment, Sustainability and Carbon Reduction
· Cabinet Member for Housing and Planning
· Cabinet Member for Leisure, Wellbeing and Culture
· Cabinet Member for Governance and Transparency
· Cabinet Member for Finance and Performance
Members of the public may attend to observe any meeting of the Cabinet, unless confidential information is being discussed, and may speak on an item on the agenda by giving prior notice. See the Attending Meetings page for details.
Support officer: Democratic Services Team.
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Phone: (01892) 554413