Functions and Delegations:
· Adopting and changing the Constitution.
· Approving or adopting the policy framework, the budget and any application to the Secretary of State in respect of any Housing Land Transfer.
· Subject to the urgency procedure contained in the Access to Information Procedure Rules in Part 4 of the Constitution, making decisions about any matter in the discharge of an executive function which is covered by the policy framework or the budget where the decision maker is minded to make it in a manner which would be contrary to the policy framework or contrary to/or not wholly in accordance with the budget.
· Adopting the local authority code of conduct.
· Appointing and dismissing the Leader and members of the Cabinet (see Article 7 of the Constitution).
· Agreeing and/or amending the terms of reference for committees, deciding on their composition and making appointments to them.
· Appointing representatives to outside bodies unless the appointment is an executive function or has been delegated by the Council.
· Adopting an allowances scheme under Article 2.05.
· Changing the name of the area, conferring the title of honorary alderman or freedom of the Borough.
· Confirming the appointment of the Head of Paid Service.
· Making, amending, revoking, re-enacting or adopting bylaws and promoting or opposing the making of local legislation or personal Bills.
· All local choice functions set out in Part 3 of the Constitution which the Council decides should be undertaken by itself rather than the Cabinet.
· All other matters which, by law, must be reserved to Council.
Support officer: Democratic Services Team.
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Phone: (01892) 554413