2005 as a joint working group of Kent County Council and
Wells Borough Council to co-operate regarding highway and transportation issues.
All Kent County Council Members for divisions in the Borough of Tunbridge Wells, an equal number of Members appointed by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council and a representative of the Parish and Town Councils within the Borough.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
The Joint Transportation Board will:
1. Consider i) Capital and revenue funded works’ programmes
ii) Traffic regulation orders
iii) Street management proposals
and provide advice on these matters to the relevant Executive as appropriate.
2. Be a forum for consultation between Kent County Council and the Council on policies plans and strategies related to highways road traffic and public transport.
3. Review the progress and out-turn of works and business performance indicators.
4. Recommend and advise on the prioritisation of bids for future programmes of work.
5. Receive reports on highway and transportation needs within the district.
Kent County Council is the Local Highways Authority for all highways in the County of Kent, by virtue of Section 1(2) of the Highways Act 1980, and is by enactments also the Traffic Authority and Street Works Authority.
Support officer: Democratic Services Team.
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Phone: (01892) 554413