1. That the Co-working provider supplier D is awarded the tender to take a lease of part of the Town Hall as outlined in the report, subject to agreed negotiations of the heads of terms be approved.
2. That the Head of Economic Development and Property, in consultation with the S151 Officer and the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance be delegated to negotiate and finalise the heads of terms with the preferred provider for co-working space be approved.
3. That the Head of Mid Kent Legal Services be given authority to complete all necessary deeds, leases and agreements and other legal documentation and formalities required to deliver the release and management of the Town Hall for co-working space be approved.
4. That in line with the Full Council decision of October 2021, the release of the approved budget be delegated to the Head of Economic Development and Property, S151 Officer and Monitoring Officer in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance to enter into contract with a co-working provider who has satisfied the Council’s due diligence and provided a sound business case be approved.
5. That in line with the Full Council decision of October 2021 delegated responsibility be given to the S151 Officer in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance for the identification of the source of the funding which may include borrowing or external funding be approved.
REASON FOR DECISION: Entering into an agreement with a co-working provider to take a lease in part will allow investment that will both preserve and improve the building. It will further represent savings in operational costs, provide an income and provide wider community and economic benefits for the town.