1. That the independent examiner’s Report on the Brenchley & Matfield Neighbourhood Development Plan (BMNDP) received on 20 June 2022 at Appendix A be noted and published.
2. That the BMNDP be modified in part as set out in Appendix B, according to the examiner’s recommendations, following discussion with Brenchley & Matfield Parish Council be approved.
3. That the Decision Statement at Appendix C and the decision to progress the BMNDP as set out at Appendix D to referendum be approved.
4. That in the event the referendum result on the BMNDP is positive with more than 50% of the vote, the Council formally makes the BMNDP as set out in Appendix D so that it has effect as part of the statutory Development Plan for the Neighbourhood Area be approved.
5. That a referendum will take place on 10 November 2022 be noted.
REASON FOR DECISION: Approved Neighbourhood Plans become part of the development plan for the Borough and are a key document in the determination of planning applications that allow the local community to take responsibility for land use planning in their area.