1. That the summary report, which provides an update on the progress of the year 1 action plan of the adopted Corporate Carbon Descent Plan, be noted.
2. That the findings of the updated yearly Greenhouse Gas report up to and including 2021/22, be noted.
3. That the climate emergency and carbon reduction is focused on both reducing and reaching the carbon neutral goal for our own operation and services as part of the Corporate Carbon Descent Plan. At the same time work is also progressing to develop the borough wide Climate Emergency strategy to empower and support our communities in meeting the carbon neutral goal, be noted.
4. That the year 2 action plan as set out in the report to support the delivery of the objectives as identified in the Corporate Carbon Descent Plan, be approved.
5. That several of the year 2 actions are already in progress and are part of the next phase of activities linked to year 1 actions. Information on progressing the year 1 action plan have also been communicated via members briefing and the members information pack, be noted.
REASON FOR DECISION: The recognition of a climate emergency acknowledges the importance of acting and for the Council to take an effective leadership role on climate action.